I’ve actually been obsessed recently with seasoning my food because Ive been trimming my new chive, oregano and basil shrubs AND I harvested my chilli plants last week so I’ve lots to experiment with. And my experiment I mean adding my homegrown chive, oregano, basil and chilli to every dish I’ve been cooking. It brings me a pathetic amount of joy using homegrown herbs but also makes me incredibly excited for when I can have a house with a garden and can grow my own vegetables…even though I’ll be about 40 before I’m anywhere near owning a house with a garden. A girl can dream.
One of my ultimate favourite recipes I’ve been munching on is veggie fajitas. So easy, so quick and so tasty. I’ve made this recipe twice in two weeks and both times I’ve chucked any veg that I have in the fridge in.
Ingredients (serves 2):
- 3 peppers
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 150g mushrooms
- A couple of large handfuls of spinach
- 10g nandos peri-peri rub (use more or less as required)
- Tortilla wraps
- A handful of cheese (my preference is mozzarella)
- 2 small chillies
- Tablespoon of oregano
- Tablespoon of basil
- Tablespoon of chives
- Mayo to spread on wraps
1. Chop all the veg and chuck into a large frying pan.
2. Let the veg cook on a low heat. I cook mine until the veg is soft but the peppers are still slightly crunchy.
3. Add the herbs and peri peri rub to the pan.
4. Put the wraps in the microwave for 30 seconds to warm up.
5. Spread a thin layer of mayo on the wrap and add a spoonful of the veg mix on the wrap. Sprinkle a layer of cheese on top.
6. Roll up the fajitas on a plate and enjoy.
It’s literally as simple as that. Happy cooking!