This week hasn’t been great for me or my family but concentrating on the positive is always the best way forward. Here are the highlights of my past week:
1. Easter Sunday afternoon tea. My best friend and I organised afternoon tea a while ago at a place called Usquabae in Edinburgh, turns out it was Easter Sunday. It was such a lovely Easter celebration with loads of sandwiches, cakes and macaroons washed down with tea and a Whisky cocktail.
2. Finally being able to eat Hot Cross Buns. I love hot cross buns slathered in butter but I feel like its only really acceptable to eat them at Easter so I went all out and bought the extra fruity Tesco Finest. And they didn’t let me down.
3. Thank God for four day weekends. I didn’t do much with my weekend as my exams started on Monday but I enjoyed my long lies and study break walks.
4. Exams give me really bad cabin fever and so when my sister asked if I wanted to climb Arthurs Seat, well I couldn’t refuse. It was such a nice day and although there was a chill in the air, when you stood in the sun it was so warm. I made the mistake of wearing fleece lined leggings so I was sweltering once we got to the top. We somehow lost the path on the way down so had to basically rock climb to the bottom which was pretty funny.
5. Regrowth of my plants. During the Winter my Lavender plants went into hibernation but this past week they have started becoming green again and sporting new stalks! RESULT!
6. Starting exams. This may seem weird but the sooner they start, the sooner they end. So bring them on…
7. Reaching 10,000 steps on my Fitbit (Yes, I’m one of those people). I’m obsessed with my Fitbit and reaching 10,000 steps. So everyday I reach my goal, I get a wave of achievement flow though me, and it actually makes me want to exercise!
8. Booked out holiday! This year, me and my boyfriend only have one week off together in the summer which SUCKS. We have been toying about where to visit and we finally decided on London, mainly because trains are fairly cheap and we love visiting London. So, we have officially booked our train tickets and I’m so excited!
9. My friend and I have started meeting for an evening runs/Saturday morning runs. This is ideal because it gives us time to catch up plus we are exercising. And as Mo Farah says in the Quorn advert, “if exercising is fun, it doesn’t feel like exercise”. Preach Mo.
10. Changing my bedsheets. I love the smell of fresh bedlinen and there is nothing more wonderful than climbing into a freshly made bed. I bought my sheets from the Harrison range at The White Company and they are ridiculously soft. I also believe they are 30% off at the moment so snap them up quick!