I drink a lot of hot beverages; around 5 cups a day usually especially during the winter when it is freezing outside. Peppermint tea is my go to whenever I’m bored of breakfast tea or I just fancy a change. So, this week I thought I would attempt to make my own.
All you need is fresh mint leaves and Agave Nectar (or brown sugar/honey – I just prefer the taste of Agave).
- Take a few mint leaves off the stem and put them into your favourite mug
- Pour boiling water into the mug
- Let the mint leaves brew for 5 minutes in the boiling water and stir
- Add a small amount of Agave Nectar (I added about a quarter of a teaspoon)
- Remove the mint leaves (optional)
And it’s as easy as that. I really enjoyed the flavour and freshness of the homemade mint tea, preferring it to the bought peppermint teabags. Definitely will keep my cupboards stocked with fresh mint leaves from now on.